帖子

积分

金牌会员

积分
发表于 2019-10-14 09:27:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
After watching the 5th offline grand prix for BvN on Bilibili I got dissapointed with how strict the ruleset is when it comes to choosing your characters, though that isn't the only issue I have with the ruleset used for the 5th BvN Grand Prix.

The biggest issue with the ruleset is that you could only use characters from the tier that is selected (for example, one match you can only use characters from the L6 Tier). I think that rule should be remove, and you should be able to use any character from every tier. I know there are characters like Aizen that are too overpowered, but if it is neccessary you can ban these characters from all matches. I understand that the game isn't balanced and some characters are much stronger than others, but when I only see the same exact character matchups everytime it not only gets boring to watch, but eventually it gets boring to play. Every player should be able to choose what character they want from any tier.

Then there is a rule where each player bans 2 characters and assists. This is a really bad rule for fighting games in my opinion. It's more enjoyable to watch players use their best characters, so being able to prevent them from using their best character isn't a good idea.

Ino, Minato, and Yamamoto assists were banned during the grand prix. While these are the best assists, they are far from overpowered. They should not be banned.

The last rule I think should be changed is the time per round. The grand prix rules had infinite time each round, which would often cause matches to drag out for too long. I think rules should change the timer to 90 seconds per round so the matches don't last forever. I understand you don't want players to win by timing out, but whether or not the rule is changed or not, it is still possible for players to camp and drag out the match anyways, and it's better for matches to not feel like they last forever.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

金牌会员

积分
发表于 2019-10-14 13:51:10 | 显示全部楼层
Everything is to ensure fair competition.It's competitive, not entertainment.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

3万

积分

管理员

野心家

积分
QQ
发表于 2019-10-14 23:24:25 | 显示全部楼层
well....some rules are needed to make the competition fair
既然无法一起出生,  那就一起祸害苍生。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

金牌会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2019-10-15 08:48:08 | 显示全部楼层
GODZILLA44 发表于 2019-10-14 13:51
Everything is to ensure fair competition.It's competitive, not entertainment.

The thing is, limiting the characters you can use to the point where you can use only a fraction of the roster per match is anything but fair. It would be fair for the players to choose who they are most comfortable with. Yes, some characters do better against others, but that's how every single fighting game works. Literally every other fighting game competitive scene does not limit the characters you can use in a normal tournament (with a few exceptions to some games that only ban only 1, sometimes 2 characters if the character is way too powerful to the point they are near unbeatable and constantly win every tournament).

You may argue that there are some matchups that are quite awful and is why the BvN competitive scene limits character selection, in which case, make sets best out of 3 rather than best out of 1 (in terms of matches, not rounds in a game), so that the loser can choose a different character to deal with that character. But then you may argue that if you do that, matches will last way too long, in which case set the timer to 90 seconds rather than infinite time as I mentioned earlier.

I understand competition needs to be fair, but limiting so many things is not the right way to make it fair. There are way better ways to make competition fair than the current ruleset
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

金牌会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2019-10-15 09:02:07 | 显示全部楼层
Here is an example of a list of rules for all fighting games in largest fighting game tournament event in the world: http://evo.shoryuken.com/tournament-rules/
here are the rules and settings specific games used in the largest fighting game tournament event in the world: https://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Notice how none of the rules limit the characters and how many of the games listed show that the game is played with a specific amount of time per round or match and do best out of 3 sets rather than just 1 match per set. This is how fighting game competitive scenes always play in tournaments. These are the ideal fair rulesets in every fighting game.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2019-10-26 18:23:27 | 显示全部楼层
#在这里快速回复#666666666666666
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|12321官方游戏论坛  

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 03:14 , Processed in 0.025462 second(s), 25 queries .